Current Position: Project Architect/Designer
Location: Office is located in Larkspur, CA
Applicants should be adventurous, independent, creative, sketchup-saavy, highly collaborative and eager to experience collaboration in a progressive project delivery environment. We are looking for an experienced architect or designer to work full time from our office in Larkspur who can manage projects without extensive oversight.
Kirley+ has fully embraced the power of technology and its role in a modern-day firm and we’re building our firm around this new economy. We provide flexible, family-focused work environments and the opportunity to create a balanced work week that meets the needs of both career, family and lifestyle. Ultimately, our goal is to find the strongest, most passionate, intelligent employees that understand what it takes to hit deadlines and complete exceptional projects while growing professionally with our firm.
About Kirley+ Architecture
We are a privately owned and operated business located in in the town of Larkspur, CA in Marin County approximately 35 minutes North of San Francisco. Our firm engages in a mix of project types and design styles. Since our founding we have completed custom residential, retail, restaurant and commercial projects. We are highly engaged in all aspects of projects from design through construction which requires close collaboration with clients, contractors, design consultants and vendors. We are looking to expand our architecture efforts with the goal of growing the company but we’re starting with a focus on growing our team. We are passionate about our work and seek to foster an inspiring environment within the firm.
If you’re interested in joining a small firm where you will have a high degree of autonomy and the ability to grow with our firm, please reach out to us we would love to talk. We believe in the importance of developing our employees and we are looking for people who want to grow with the firm. We are strong believers in the process of getting licensed and part of the benefit of working with the company will be guidance in this process including access to ARE study materials, mentorship and support. If you are interested in pursuing licensure, this is a great opportunity to work in an environment that can support your efforts!
You will be working directly with the Company Founder.
• Located in the Bay Area
Architectural degree-4 year degree minimum, M.Arch Preferred
• 7+ years experience
• Strong graphic and presentation skills
• Professional references
• Strong computing skills including AutoCAD, Sketchup, Revit, PHOTOSHOP, InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite. MS Project, Sketchup preferred but not required. ArchiCAD experience is a PLUS!
• Comprehensive portfolio of student and professional work
• Support Company Founder across all Architecture and Project Management projects
• Project design and documentation – we need someone who is interested in developing their abilities as an Architect and designer and someone who is ready to produce comprehensive Construction Documents
• Assist at times and oversee at other times with project coordination, organization of presentations, drawing sets and deliverables
• There will be client interaction for this candidate; a professional and confident demeanor is critical
• Excellent People Skills are a must. This position requires the candidate to engage with clients in corporate environments and includes everyone up the corporate ladder. An ability to represent one’s self and the company to all levels of management is a must
• Administrative work from meeting notes, to normalizing bids and creating schedules is key
• Office management support
• Ability to work remotely at times without a great deal of oversight
• Willingness to wear many "hats" and toggle between various projects
• Highly organized and an interested in all facets of the business from design to development and management
• Team player with creative and organizational talent
• Passionate about design of all types
• Good verbal and writing skills
• Good sense of humor!
Commensurate with experience.
Our founder Keith Kirley, AIA is a member of the AIASF Architecture Licensing Committee and we strongly support our employees’ efforts to pursue licensure.
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter, resume, and portfolio (5mb limit) to firstname.lastname@example.org a Subject Title “Project Architect - your name”. Please indicate where you found this posting in your response.
Please no calls, walk-ins or recruiters.